Health & Safety
- Masks are optional for visitors touring the Big House.
- Sturdy, flat footwear is strongly recommended for visitors. There are uneven floors and stairs in the Big House and some unmade paths in the Gardens.
- Possession of dangerous materials, including firearms, is not permitted at Andalusia.
- Service dogs are welcome at Andalusia, but pets are not.
- Please refrain from conduct that is disorderly, disruptive, or poses risk to others.
Additional Garden Guidelines
- Please do not walk in flower beds or pick flowers or plants.
- Please do not climb trees or sit on decorative items in the gardens.
- Furniture on the Big House porch facing the river can be used, but please do not move or rearrange the furniture.
Additional Big House Guidelines
- Please do not touch and/or use furniture, objects, books, or art in the Big House.
- Large bags are not allowed in the Big House. Small bags must be carried across the front of a visitor’s body.
- Visitors to the Big House must wear their coats or leave them in their vehicles.
- All electronic devices must be silenced during Big House tours.
- Visitors to the Big House must stay with their tour guide and group for the entire time inside the house.
- Children touring the Big House must remain with parents or caregivers at all times. Strollers are not permitted in the Big House.
- If taking notes in the Big House, please use graphite pencils only.
- The Big House is not wheel-chair accessible. Tours last approximately one hour and involve walking, standing, and using stairs.
- Tour dates, times, and capacities are limited to help preserve and maintain the historic buildings and grounds.
- Reservations are required for all Big House tours and can be made online. Reservations for self-guided tours of the Garden are recommended.
- Admission fees are waived for caregivers accompanying individuals with disabilities requiring their assistance and support.
- All sales are final. Tickets are non-refundable and may not be exchanged for another date or time.
- Picnics are encouraged at Andalusia. Benches are available for seating, and blankets are allowed on the lawn or meadow.
- Please note that Andalusia is a carry-in, carry-out site, so please take all trash with you.
- Food and beverages are not sold or provided at Andalusia.
- Photography for personal use is allowed, provided it does not disrupt other visitors. Visitor photography may not be commercially published, sold, reproduced, transferred, or distributed.
- Wedding, engagement, and similar types of photography, whether taken by a professional or non-professional photographer, are prohibited except for couples holding their wedding at Andalusia.
- Tripods, selfie sticks, and drones are not permitted at Andalusia. Flash photography is not permitted in the Big House.
- Photographers wishing to take formal photographs should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- During your visit, you may be photographed or filmed by Andalusia staff. Admission and participation in any of Andalusia’s activities and programs serves as permission for the use of such images by The Andalusia Foundation.
- Visitors to Andalusia are responsible for their own health and safety. Visitors agree that by making a reservation and by visiting Andalusia, that neither The Andalusia Foundation nor any of its trustees or employees will have any liability in the event of any illness or injury while visiting, and expressly release Andalusia or its trustees or employees from any such claims.